Phantasq Productions: Adroit Theorem Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Programmer Application. [Accepted]

2 posters

Go down

Programmer Application. [Accepted] Empty Programmer Application. [Accepted]

Post  Mr. Binary Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:24 pm

Hello, Phatasq Productions! My name is Everette Moses and I would like to join your team as a programmer. I have a lot of experience in OOP programming and some procedural. I can get up and running quickly with code, I can keep the code very clean so that other programmers can understand it, and I'm familiar (albeit not very familiar, but familiar) with how 3d graphics work (again, I'm not an expert in advanced 3d rendering, such as Normal Mapping and such).

I do understand that you guys have an engine already, so please don't think of this applications as another dumb coder nerd that doesn't understand that you do.

EDIT --

If you want, or need to, you can contact me on AIM at L33Developer.

Thanks for reading -
Everette Moses

Mr. Binary

Back to top Go down

Programmer Application. [Accepted] Empty Re: Programmer Application. [Accepted]

Post  ArmisticeML Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:11 pm

Hey thanks for applying.
Yeah, we are using RC currently but we would be happy to accept you. Smile
We might need some OOP programming in the future, so yeah.
How long have you been learning programming/ whats your programming language most fluent in?

edit: And by programmer, do you mean solely programming by definition, or will you be willing to learn scripting?
ArmisticeML
ArmisticeML
Michael; AT Project Manager

http://myspace.com/supernovadonuts

Back to top Go down

Programmer Application. [Accepted] Empty RE: Programmer Application

Post  Mr. Binary Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:41 am

Thanks for replying to my application!

I have been learning since the beginning of 2009 but I understand the concept of programming extremely well. In fact, I helped my cousin through his last couple months of Computer Science, which is the hardest part of the whole degree because of the projects they do (although the language they were using wasn't C++, it was KAREL. KAREL took me about 20 minutes to learn). KAREL is where I grew my procedural language skills.

The language I am most fluent in is C#, because it is my first language. However, many OOP languages have the same concepts of C#, or I should say C# was built using the same concepts of OOP languages (actually, it really was Java that was built using a lot of the concepts of OOP languages, and C# is a complete emulation of Java), so I can get set up in other languages. The reason I picked C# was for XNA, which is awesome for XBOX 360 development (not any disk distribution, but arcade distribution).

Last, but not least, about the last question: Programming is programming in general; there really isn't such a thing as programming by definition and someone who scripts. At the end of the day, the language still compiles into binary or into a Virtual Machine (which also includes the Common Language Run-time in the .NET framework, and even then that VM or CLR goes straight into binary, just takes longer to move through three steps instead of two). It is just what language you specialize in, whether it be C or LUA. I will be willing to learn a scripting language, if I can get my hands on the IDE, or even the DLL's that allow my machine to compile the code I write, and I can see the end result. If I can't get my hands on a copy of RC, I wouldn't be able to do any work.

Mr. Binary

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmisticeML Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:41 am

Well, you can do work without RC, given you know the language. I do understand what you mean about seeing the end results. Either things take longer to see the results by sending scripts and having me test them out with my RC, or you can get your own license of RC to test them out. Nonetheless, the scripts for this game would only be vital on one computer.
ArmisticeML
ArmisticeML

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmisticeML Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:33 pm

Now you have access to the team sections.
ArmisticeML
ArmisticeML

Back to top Go down

Programmer Application. [Accepted] Empty RE: Programmer Application

Post  Mr. Binary Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:50 pm

Thanks! Glad to be aboard!

Mr. Binary

Back to top Go down