Phantasq Productions: Adroit Theorem Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Web Development/2D Graphic Design [Accepted]

+2
Chzchan
Sammy
6 posters

Go down

Web Development/2D Graphic Design [Accepted] Empty Web Development/2D Graphic Design [Accepted]

Post  Sammy Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:05 pm

Hello, I'm very interested in what you all are doing with the videos...As I am a 15 year old web designer. I'm also learning C right now so I can begin on the road of game programming(more specifically iPhone app programming, for now).

I'm good at XHTML/CSS(I can abide by XHTML 1.0 Strict standards, and CSS3 standards). I'm also learning PHP and JavaScript. I can also design graphics pretty well(none of witch are 3D).

I'd love to talk in more detail about how I can help you all out. So if you could, contact me on one of my IMs(listed below). I'm hoping I can help out with your website, and graphics, and maybe when I'm good enough, and you all have the need, I can help out with the game programming.

Just a few details you should probably know about me:

1) I'm home schooled.
2) I like you sense of style lol
3) I like your tastes in music
4) I'm an Apple fanboy(I have a new line 13inch MacBook Pro, upgraded with 4GB RAM, and a Mac Pro desktop 4-Core processor, and 4GB RAM, with a 22inch monitor)
5) I'm currently focusing on iPhone app development, and web design, though I'm hoping to learn computer game programming at a later time
6) I live in Dallas, TX

My Showcase of Work:(I'm on vacation in Florida atm, so it's kinda limited to what I've done over the pass few days)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/samgrayapp/

Both the "neon strings" and "new background" graphics were made fully by me.(except for the models lol)

And here is a template I made for WordPress in the past week I've been on vacation:

http://isamgray.com/

That link is to my personal website, I just installed WordPress on it, so no extra information as been added, I just uploaded my theme so you all can take a look.

I hope you all decide for me to help out...Contact me some way below:

AIM: Aazurenight
E-mail(second best way to contact me): isamgray@me.com
MSN: samgrayfmd@live.com

*edit*

Oh yes...and I have a standing Torque Game Engine license. I'm willing to supply it to you all if you wish to use it. I have the cross-platform license as well, so you'll have access to make your game available cross-platform.

*edit 2*

I also have a copy of the Bryce6 3D landscape modeler...I can mail that to you all if you'd like, I have no use for it, I HATE 3D modeling...

And a random show off picture for proof of I have what I say I have:(hehe and just for fun)

My MacBook Pro and Mac Pro
Web Development/2D Graphic Design [Accepted] 5295_100750966602745_10000003525517
Sammy
Sammy
Web Design
Web Design

http://isamgray.com

Back to top Go down

Web Development/2D Graphic Design [Accepted] Empty Re: Web Development/2D Graphic Design [Accepted]

Post  Chzchan Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:17 pm

I WORSHIP YOU.

Well, mostly your computer desk setup.

(Finally another Mac user, I am not alone, even though I still use Windows)
Chzchan
Chzchan
wtf
wtf

Back to top Go down

Web Development/2D Graphic Design [Accepted] Empty Re: Web Development/2D Graphic Design [Accepted]

Post  Sammy Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:20 pm

lol Thank you very much.

So your a Mac fan too? yay! Ewie...I hate Windows so much. I only have Windows7 installed on my Mac Pro so I can play a couple of games, that's all.

I'm even learning C through the book "Learn C on the Mac". lol
Sammy
Sammy
Web Design
Web Design

Back to top Go down

Post  Chzchan Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:40 pm

W8 a sec, how do you have windows 7 if it hasn't come out yet?
I'm getting a free copy in the mail soon...

Still, Macs are cool, functional and good for about everything else except gaming.

Which is why I turn to Windows, for that. And also, the program i am using to make 3D models is for Windows only 3DSMax trial.

Also, our game will only be for windows because we have no idea how to make one for a Mac o.o

Still, I love Macs, I use mine for mostly IMing, playing Spore, Editing pics, storing pics, typing up assignments and other stuff.
Chzchan
Chzchan
wtf
wtf

Back to top Go down

Post  Sammy Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:44 pm

Windows7 is in open beta testing...You can download a free copy from their site.

They're fine for gaming, as long as you dual boot them with Windows. And there are many better alternatives to 3dsMAX, such as Maya, Blender(free), and Wings3D.

And it takes time to learn how to create games for Mac, just like it takes time to learn how to create them for Windows. lol It can be a relatively easy port over depending on the game engine you use though.

I use mine for everything except gaming. Which will probably change when Starcraft2 and Diablo3 come out...then I'm probably just going to get rid of Windows entirely, and switch to Linux and Mac full time.
Sammy
Sammy
Web Design
Web Design

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmisticeML Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:47 pm

hey sammy, its michael. sorry i couldn't respond on the forum yesterday, i was low on time and thats why i only IM'ed you. (fyi, Chzchan is my friend/a concept artist, Christian)

Anyways, regarding the application, we'd be happy to accept you haha. Smile
lol i notice you have a guitar, how long have you been playing?
i've only been learning guitar for about 7months.
ArmisticeML
ArmisticeML
Michael; AT Project Manager

http://myspace.com/supernovadonuts

Back to top Go down

Post  Sammy Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:06 pm

ArmisticeML wrote:hey sammy, its michael. sorry i couldn't respond on the forum yesterday, i was low on time and thats why i only IM'ed you. (fyi, Chzchan is my friend/a concept artist, Christian)

Anyways, regarding the application, we'd be happy to accept you haha. Smile
lol i notice you have a guitar, how long have you been playing?
i've only been learning guitar for about 7months.

Oh, that's fine. I completely understand. ^^

Great, then I'd love to join. Smile

Um...I quite playing actually. lol I am interested in playing bass guitar now, but haven't gotten one yet, I'm hoping to buy one in a couple of months.
Sammy
Sammy
Web Design
Web Design

Back to top Go down

Post  don303404 Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:14 pm

hey sammy,
haha is donald here and dude....ive always wanted to play bass guitar...are you just taking lessons or what? oh and welcome the the forums!! haha sorry for the late welcome...
don303404
don303404
3D Graphics
3D Graphics

http://www.adroittheorem.yolasite.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sammy Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:17 pm

Nah, once I get it I'll be teaching myself. And thanks for the welcome. ^^
Sammy
Sammy
Web Design
Web Design

Back to top Go down

Post  don303404 Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:21 pm

haha nice, learning it the ol' fashioned way i see. well good luck with it Very Happy
don303404
don303404
3D Graphics
3D Graphics

http://www.adroittheorem.yolasite.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sammy Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:24 pm

Thank you very much, I also am learning how to do screamo singing. hehe
Sammy
Sammy
Web Design
Web Design

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmisticeML Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:26 pm

haha i've tried that a lot of times, i always end up screaming wrong and hurting my throat. i don't think screamo singing is for me haha.
ArmisticeML
ArmisticeML

Back to top Go down

Post  Sammy Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:35 pm

ArmisticeML wrote:haha i've tried that a lot of times, i always end up screaming wrong and hurting my throat. i don't think screamo singing is for me haha.

I've learned how not to hurt my throat now. ^^ So that's coming along nicely for me actually. Programming is still my #1 thing though, lol. My musical career probably will never go anywhere. haha
Sammy
Sammy
Web Design
Web Design

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmisticeML Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:49 pm

Sammy wrote:I've learned how not to hurt my throat now. ^^ So that's coming along nicely for me actually. Programming is still my #1 thing though, lol. My musical career probably will never go anywhere. haha

hehe still, music is fun to get into
i like creating in general, but i've got to get more into programming; i've been slacking off on teaching myself. i gotta get a bunch a books to learn from soon lol.

edit: now you have access to the exclusive team sections, you can disregard most of the posts in there though, most of them are just my friends and i chatting about random stuff. nothing that special yet.
ArmisticeML
ArmisticeML

Back to top Go down

Post  ProfessorKatz Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:13 pm

I just started learning mandolin a month ago and I'm having lots of fun with that...

ProfessorKatz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sammy Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:24 pm

ArmisticeML wrote:
Sammy wrote:I've learned how not to hurt my throat now. ^^ So that's coming along nicely for me actually. Programming is still my #1 thing though, lol. My musical career probably will never go anywhere. haha

hehe still, music is fun to get into
i like creating in general, but i've got to get more into programming; i've been slacking off on teaching myself. i gotta get a bunch a books to learn from soon lol.

edit: now you have access to the exclusive team sections, you can disregard most of the posts in there though, most of them are just my friends and i chatting about random stuff. nothing that special yet.

My friend is learning how to program on PCs and has a couple of books, I could get the names of those books for you if you'd like.

Oh, and thank you very much. ^^
Sammy
Sammy
Web Design
Web Design

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhys Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:20 am

Hi Sam.

I'm 15 too, and am currently learning C++, hoping to get into game programming, if not then computer programming. What I'm really more interested is your homeschooling. I've been pondering about changing from school to homeschooling for quite a while now, and I'm still unsure, but I think from the way I'm going I'll stay in school. One of the gaming clan's im in has a guy the same age as me that also gets homeschooled, he only learns 3D modelling, and it's taken him four months to build and texture a wall, that's not to say he's bad at it, he's actually good, but really lazy, as you would imagine with nothing to do all day, he naturally turns to playing games. Do you only learn Web Dev/Programming/Comp Sci? Or do you do Math and Language and other subjects a schooled student would? If I were to homeschool, I know I'd be doing Math, Science, English and Programming. How's a day in the life of a homeschooled gamer? I've been searching for an article for way too long, with no avail. Basically, I'm asking if you could tell me basically what you do all day, lol, how life is living in that wicked setup you've got going, and whether you get bored or not. I personally learn well through books, video's and written tutorials, so as I was thinking about making the change I realized just how well it would work for me. I just need to see a real "day in the life", so to speak. I'll try to add you on IM, too.

Thanks, Rhys.

Rhys

Back to top Go down

Post  ProfessorKatz Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:23 pm

Rhys wrote:Hi Sam.

I'm 15 too, and am currently learning C++, hoping to get into game programming, if not then computer programming. What I'm really more interested is your homeschooling. I've been pondering about changing from school to homeschooling for quite a while now, and I'm still unsure, but I think from the way I'm going I'll stay in school. One of the gaming clan's im in has a guy the same age as me that also gets homeschooled, he only learns 3D modelling, and it's taken him four months to build and texture a wall, that's not to say he's bad at it, he's actually good, but really lazy, as you would imagine with nothing to do all day, he naturally turns to playing games. Do you only learn Web Dev/Programming/Comp Sci? Or do you do Math and Language and other subjects a schooled student would? If I were to homeschool, I know I'd be doing Math, Science, English and Programming. How's a day in the life of a homeschooled gamer? I've been searching for an article for way too long, with no avail. Basically, I'm asking if you could tell me basically what you do all day, lol, how life is living in that wicked setup you've got going, and whether you get bored or not. I personally learn well through books, video's and written tutorials, so as I was thinking about making the change I realized just how well it would work for me. I just need to see a real "day in the life", so to speak. I'll try to add you on IM, too.

Thanks, Rhys.

I really hate the school system and have pondered getting homeschooled for a long time...
I might do it junior year...

ProfessorKatz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down