Phantasq Productions: Adroit Theorem Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cost

Go down

cost Empty cost

Post  lukster2 Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:58 pm

Since cash is hard to come by as a highschooler, how did you get all of the equipment and the know-how to get even half as far as you have?

lukster2

Back to top Go down

cost Empty Re: cost

Post  ArmisticeML Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:33 am

Hey lukster, glad you posted again. You seem to be the only one roaming around these forums lately. ^^

For now we use the resources available. For the main engine, we use RealmCrafter, which i bought for $100 about a year ago for my birthday. www.realmcrafter.com

And for the art assets, we use the "mainstream" free ones, namely Blender 2.5 for 3d modeling and GIMP for 2d things. Well, I do anyways. Some of the other team members use Paint.NET and Wings3D, but that's their own preference.

As for know-how, I personally think that this was the hardest to obtain. I'm still learning things about mastering 3d modeling, 2d drawing, and scripting, hence why the progress on our project is slow (other than school). I do spend some weekends following some tutorials, most of from which I have obtained my knowledge. Other team members aren't learning as much but they are indeed learning. hope that answers your question

Smile
ArmisticeML
ArmisticeML
Michael; AT Project Manager
Michael; AT Project Manager

http://myspace.com/supernovadonuts

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum